Monday, May 21, 2007

Week 1, Things #1 and #2

I did these two things yesterday afternoon. I looked at the Lifelong Learners tutorial again and really appreciated the time that Lori Reed put in on making this.

For me, the most hardest habit to learn will be to see problems as challenges. Intellectually, I know this is true, but I tend to get bogged down by them, and get snarky and negative to boot. If I can work on this, it will impact many areas of my life, lifelong learning being a bonus.

The easiest habit is having confidence in myself as a competent, effective learner. I have always been a very good student, mostly due to my willingness to work as long and hard as I need to. What I need to be careful about is expecting projects to be perfect before sending them out. This can be OK, but I read an article recently where one of the librarian's goals was to "let projects start" even before they were perfect, and just continually improve them. I really liked that concept and will try to find the article to quote in here to remind myself.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Your School Library Learning 2.0 blog is the start of something that you will keep adding to over the summer and beyond! Enjoy.