Monday, June 4, 2007

Week 4 #8 & #9




I created my RSS reader using GoogleReader. It was very easy and I immediately started adding feeds. I choose some news feeds, emerging tech feeds and library/librarian feeds. I have to be careful, however, because each feed has the potential to lead to other feeds equally as compelling. I could spend all day keeping up on the feeds, and not get anything done IRL if I'm not careful. For me, this is an excellent way to keep up on web 2.0 technologies. I'm finding that I usually don't read the entire articles, just enough to get the idea of the thingys.

I really like the librarian's blogs. I'm finding that they make me think about what I'm doing in my library and how I could improve it for our students. I go out of my way to read all of them, even if I don't think they apply to what I am doing right now. I like being up-to-date on what other libraries are doing.


2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Glad to hear you like getting librarian feeds. We now have 62 CSLA member feeds and add more each day.

AND, we have 33 participants from other states and countries -- how cool is that! Some other state groups want to become "2.0 Partners" -- CSLA's School Library Learning 2.0 is "making waves" in libraryland. Thanks for making the experience extra special.

Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying my RSS feeds though I did narrow them down to CNN and an NPR weekly show. It now seems much more manageable than when I fist set them up and had 5!